Saving you money
is serious business
Saving you money
BELLS ACCOUNTANTS – ACCOUNTANTS IN KENT
We are Bells Accountants in Kent helping save you time and money with all-round accountancy and bookkeeping services. From bookkeeping and VAT returns to payroll services and personal tax self-assessments , we are here to help you, every step of the way. As a truly local business ourselves, we are a part of our community and that community feel is important to us. We form partnerships with people to offer a complete service, and when you work with us you can benefit from access to our business network as well.
To arrange an initial consultation to see how we can help you simply fill out our online form or emails us at email
Fill out the form below to arrange a free no obligation consultation
HOW CAN WE HELP YOU?These are our core accountancy services:
Do you have a non-taxable trust?
If so, we can help. As you may be aware, non-taxable trusts created on or before 6 October 2020 need to be registered with HMRC on the Trust Registration Service by 1 September 2022. Non-taxable trusts created after 6 October 2020 must register within 90 days of being created or becoming registerable, or by 1 September 2022 whichever is later. We can do this for you for £75 plus VAT for each registration. Email .
IS IT A LOT OF HASSLE TO CHANGE ACCOUNTANTS?Discover just how easy it is to switch accountants.
Taxation and wages
- Confirmation that the planned increase to the rate of National Insurance will go ahead from 6 April 2022. NI will increase by 1.25 percentage points for the self-employed and employees. Employer’s NI contributions will also rise by 1.25% from April 2022. This will be used to fund health and social care, and from April 2023 the levy will appear as a separate line on employees’ payslips
- National insurance threshold to be lifted by £3,000 from July, meaning that employees can earn £12,570 per year without paying any income tax or National Insurance. The increase is from July and not April to enable employers and software providers sufficient time to update their systems
- From April 2022 self-employed individual’s will not pay Class 2 NICs on profits between the Small Profits threshold (£6,725) and the Lower Profits Limit (£12,570), but they will still continue to build up NI credits to access contributory benefits
- Basic rate of income tax to be cut from 20% to 19% by the end of Parliament in 2024
- Confirmation that the planned increase to basic rate dividend tax will go ahead from 6 April 22. Basic rate dividend tax will increase to 8.75% from 7.5%. Higher rate taxpayers will be charged 33.75% instead of 32.5%, and additional rate dividend taxpayers will pay 39.35% instead of 38.1% respectively.
- The Employment Allowance, which gives relief to smaller businesses’ National Insurance payments, will increase from £4,000 to £5,000 from April 2022
- Eligible businesses in the retail, hospitality and leisure industry will get a temporary 50% cut on business rates, up to £110k. This is effective from April 2022 and businesses will need to contact their local authority to see if they are eligible
- Fuel duty to be cut by 5p per litre from 6pm on 23 March 2022 until March 2023
- VAT has been cut from 5% to zero for 5 years on energy efficient measures such as solar panels, heat pumps and insulation installed
Watch these helpful guides
Do you worry about spiralling costs for accountancy?
As a client of Bells, you don’t need to worry! All the services we agree upon will be included in your pay monthly fixed price package. Call us as many times as you need to about whatever you need to. We love to talk! There will never be any additional bills unless you would like us to do some additional work on your behalf. Of course, any fees for additional services will be agreed with you before the work is undertaken. No hourly rates, no hidden costs.
Are you struggling to understand all the accountancy jargon?
We talk to you in plain English, so you understand everything we tell you. Accountancy is full of baffling terms and technical terminology – we leave it out and speak the same language as you.
Do you need support as a new or small business?
We can help. Our services go beyond the realms of standard accountancy. We can help you form business plans, give advice on start-up finance and help you gear your business up to be profitable. We also have a large local network and will be happy to put you in touch with other businesses which could be a good match for you.
Do you need to take on members of staff?
We can help you improve and grow your business by making it possible for you to take on permanent employees or work with sub-contractors. We can advise on all the implications for your taxes and payroll.
Is your accountant a far-off figure who you have to phone every now and again?
It’s not like that at Bells. Our approach is focused on customer service, and we are here to help you every step of the way. We form a partnership with our clients, helping them to grow their businesses however we can.
We pride ourselves on our responsiveness and the speed at which we turnaround your work.
So much so that we guarantee that if you submit your complete records to us within 30 days of any HMRC deadline and we are unable to meet that deadline, we will pay any fines on your behalf!
Joanne Bell, Managing Director
“I am passionate about running an accountancy practice that is reliable and efficient but also friendly and approachable. I pride myself on building a close working relationship with all my clients to enable me to provide the best and most proactive service I can.
I set up Bells to be something a little different in the accountancy world. At Bells we will be your business partners, not just your accountants. We work closely with you to help your business flourish, setting out to assist you in meeting your business aims. Please just call us whenever you need anything as it’s all part of the service.”