Fill out the form below to arrange a free no obligation consultation

You are here:

If you start out as an ambitious, one-man operation, you’re very likely to need an extra pair of hands as your company grows. This will help your business to stay successful and to expand in line with your aspirations. As your business expands, you will find yourself with fresh accounting responsibilities and the need to properly administer a payroll. Even as a one-man band limited company, you may find that the most tax-efficient way to pay yourself is via a small salary combined with dividends, so you will still need a payroll scheme. It may be easier to consider asking experienced payroll providers to help with the setup and administration process.

Alternatively, you may be an existing company with a number of employees and you are finding that administering your payroll is becoming too time consuming.

In either case, Bells Accountants can help ease your burden by administering your company payroll for you.

All new payroll schemes will be put in place and all relevant paperwork from the Inland Revenue will be received and handled by us. This means that you will not have to deal with heaps of paperwork, leaving you with more time to focus on your business. Your very own dedicated client manager will provide you with a professional payroll service that is personal to you and your business.

Bells Accountants


Our payroll service includes:

  • Payroll registration with HMRC.
  • PAYE, National Insurance, Statutory Sick Pay, Statutory Maternity, and Statutory Paternity Pay.
  • Detailed reports outlining staff costs, and payslips for your employees to be distributed either as hard copies or via email.
  • Payment administration, including new starters, leavers, P45s, P46s, holidays, bonuses, and commissions.
  • P14s, P35s and P60s and all year-end forms.
  • P11Ds and P11D(b)s in respect of benefits in kind.
  • Remuneration packages for employees, shareholders, and directors.
  • Advice on incentive schemes, salary sacrifice schemes, and bonuses.
  • A BACS service to ensure that all your employees are paid correctly, and on time.

If you do already have a payroll system, we would be only too happy to review it for you so we can ensure that it is set up correctly and is fully compliant with current legislation. We can also help you resolve issues even if we do not administer your payroll, assisting with the preparation of P11D forms and P35 year-end payroll returns.


We have the expertise to help you with all aspects of your payroll operations, and it doesn’t have to cost the earth. In fact, payroll outsourcing is becoming an increasingly popular practice.


CIS returns – payroll support for those within the Construction Industry Scheme. It’s a process that’s difficult to understand, so we make sure everything is clear, work out the amount of rebate you are owed, and complete claim documentation.

CIS returns


Pension auto enrolment – with auto enrolment, all employers now have a responsibility to put qualifying staff members into a workplace pension scheme. We help give you clarity and take care of the finances for you.

Pensions auto-enrolment


Please feel free to give us a call to discuss our payroll services in Kent. You can find your nearest practice HERE or via email at .


Q: Do I have to have a payroll scheme?

A: If you are paying any individuals to assist you with your business and they meet HMRC’s guidance for what is deemed ‘employment’ rather than ‘self-employment’, then you will need to administer a payroll scheme to ensure they are being taxed appropriately. If you fail to do this you could be held responsible for the tax and national insurance that you should have deducted from them and passed over to HMRC. We can advise you on whether you require a payroll scheme, and if you do, run it for you in full, providing payslips for your staff, and even making the BACS payments into their accounts on pay day. If you are a one-man band limited company you may still benefit from setting up a payroll scheme to take advantage of the tax-free personal allowance you can pay yourself. We can look at your individual circumstances and advise on the best course of action.

Q: If I need someone to work for me are there any alternative ways to paying them other than using the PAYE system?

A: You may be eligible to pay some of your team on a self-employed basis which means they will be responsible for their own tax and national insurance payments. We can help you decide if anyone on your team meets the criteria and ensure that you fulfil your responsibilities as a business owner.


How do we help businesses like yours?